Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New Blog?


One of my New Year’s Resolutions for 2012 was to write more regularly. Ooops. But before you get all high and mighty and start telling me what a failure I am (Dumpling, I’m looking at you), consider that I’ve only just gotten back from a Christmas/NYE trip and that I’m still catching up on work and emails. That’s right, valid-ish reasons.

I also haven’t had the time to arrange my thoughts or work out what I should write about first – my sister’s visit to Munich, the glorious disaster that I am when confronted with large groupings of well-meaning family members, the insanity of a Berlin NYE, what happened after I passed out (it involved somebody very nearly losing an eye to fireworks) or the smaller things like Mark’s artistic genius/complete lack of artistic talent. I’m not sure which yet. Maybe you can be the judge.

Anywaysss, lists don’t make for great reading, unless they’re lists of Dumpling’s ex lovers (in which case wow bird has gotten around), so I’ll move on.

Two important things before I go:

1) I want a baby squirrel. If you can manage to dress it in a tiny bolero that would be just swell, but if not I’ll take it too.

2) My best friends sent me flowers for my birthday. Flowers. The only other person who has ever sent me flowers was my mum, so whole new level of excitement happening right now. Every time I look at them I just about soil myself with happiness.



So yeah, another pointless blog promising more pointless blogs. I think if you look hard there might be a life analogy there.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment