Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Still want to convince me that I'm sane?

Last night I had a dream that Mark and I were breaking into the house of an evil man to retrieve vital information. And I’m talking James Bond sophistication. I was all “Mark watch out that couch is booby-trapped” and he was just somersaulting everywhere.

We were almost done when out of nowhere a flood of guests in cocktail dress came in and started occupying the area and eating posh canapés. So we did what any self-respecting spies would do…and tangoed. The whole time I was freaking out that I wouldn’t know the steps because Mark and I ditched our dance teacher in Sydney without much of a goodbye and she’s still probably wondering what happened to us, but it was fine. The crowd accepted us.

Then we split up. Mark went to the bedroom while I sipped champagne and talked to the mother of the villain. Straight to the top.

She told me that she had lived in Germany when she was younger and learned German within a month. I expressed my amazement and then she looked me up and down and said “oh yes, but I was very attractive when I was there.” Then she thanked me for coming to her daughter’s hens. And I was all like DAUGHTER? HENS? DAMN I got her a birthday card. How embarrassing!

Then I woke up.

Yeah, try to explain that one brain, because it sounds like deep-seeded issues to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment