Saturday, November 20, 2010

Two random dog stories:


“Awww look at that dog pooing in the bushes,” Simon gushed so sincerely this morning that for a disturbing moment I regretted not having a camera with me. 

You’ll just have to take my word that the dog was cute, it was shivering, it was concentrated and it was more than a little embarrassed that it had been caught doing its business…and it took Simon and I several seconds to register what we were actually seeing. All three parties walked away a little bit ashamed that day.

The second dog was completely insane. I shouldn’t judge because I’m crazy myself, but it was completely insane. It kept following a pigeon around in circles, tail awkwardly poised in the air and an unwavering look of concentration on its face. There was so much intensity there that a small crowd of delighted people gathered to watch it and silently chant “GO DOG! KILL THAT PIGEON! KILL IT AND MAKE A HAT OUT OF IT!”.

The pigeon couldn’t have been less moved. Once in a while it would cast a backward glance at the dog as if to say “Hey buddy, what’s your problem? You know I can see you right? I Can See You. Oh boy, you’re just not getting this. I. Can. See. You…” then it flew away causing the dog to go into an excitable barking fit and then into a look of utter confusion.

Here’s a picture, although I was laughing so hard it’s not one of my best. Do you know what sells it for me though? The expression on the face of the woman in the background. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment