Thursday, May 26, 2011

What it feels like not to sleep


It feels...a bit....where was I? Oh yes not sleeping. It feels like...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...ASSBELAUIB AEOUBAOSFDBLKS QQWIUGLAIUBSFD....huh? Who said what? I WASN’T SLEEPING...I was just making a point...but I don’t really remember what it was about. I have got to learn to finish my thoug...I love bread.   

A couple of weeks ago in a typical freelancer panic (or at least typical for me) I took on more work than I have time to do. Couple that with my intensive German course and exciting overseas visitors and the next thing you know I only have time to sleep two to three hours a day.

The world just shook with parents and pregnant women rolling their eyes at my dilemma. So I’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate anyone who has ever fathered or mothered a child, because going off my recent behaviour, if I’m ever in that position there’s a good chance I will accidentally stick my baby in the washing machine as I prepare a delicious underwear sandwich for lunch and put a slice of ham to bed.

It’s just that sleeplessness completely destroys my ability to concentrate. Yesterday I spent several minutes down on all fours, frantically searching for our only set of house keys...which I was holding in my hand...which I had to put down on the bed because they were uncomfortable to hold while I was searching for them. Just saying, if you hand me a baby, you will see me on the news, scraping the floor with the bags under my eyes and wildly explaining that no, I don’t think that a pigeon looks like a human child, but that I was so busy picking out thread from between my teeth (due to an unfortunate lunch oversight), that I hardly paid attention to what I dressed in a Spiderman outfit and strapped into my stroller.

This is really just my way of saying sorry if I ever try to cram you or your baby (or your pigeon) into my fridge...and also a way to explain why I’ve been feeding Mark socks...

0 comments:

Post a Comment