Friday, November 4, 2011

Dumpling’s bewilderment

So since I now have a brand new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro (I love the sound of my voice saying that), I’ve decided to take full advantage of its awesomeness and load up my iTunes with music, as you do.

Luckily Simon was researchy enough to find legalsounds, which is a wonderful place where you can buy songs at 9c a pop and whole albums for under $2. That way you don’t feel like you’re slaughtering the music industry – and nobody, except maybe Dumpling because he’s quite evil, would want to do that. But on the other hand, you’re not paying for diamond toilet seats either (don’t look at me like that, what do you think iTune’s 6-euro-an-album is paying for?!).

Yesterday I downloaded lots of music and then listened to it LOUD.

And Dumpling completely lost his shit.

His little mind just couldn’t explain how I had suddenly become such a good singer/piano. He’s particularly perturbed by how I manage to sound like a dainty girl one second and  a fat Italian man the next. Neither seems fitting to him (fat Italian man is closer).

He’s also discovered that he loves certain music genres and despises – DESPISES – others. For example he’s quite fond of opera, but if you play any kind of rock he flaps madly around his cage squawking like, I don't know, some kind of industrial car alarm (do those exist?). Then again, maybe he’s just doing a bit of moshing.

The creepiest thing is when I put Adele on (oh you’d better believe I jumped on that bandwagon. Girl. Has. Talent) he freezes in one spot and gets kind of oddly silent. Particularly when “Someone like you” comes on. I think it speaks to his heart; only his version goes like this:

“Never mind I’ll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
Don’t forget me, I begged. I remember you said:
Sometimes it last in love, but sometimes I peck you to death instead.
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes I peck you to death instead.

He’s a poet.

P.S.
Yes I know that "researchy" isn't a word. The Mac and I had a fight over it (I won).

0 comments:

Post a Comment