Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The future is nigh

Hey everyone, can you believe it’s the middle of the year already? I’m not sure how it happened because I swear time has slowed over the past couple of days. I think it’s all the packing which is still going on. Don’t worry; I’ve exhausted my ability to write about it.

Instead I’m going to tell you where Mark and I are going to be moving to for a week and – probably a little unfortunately for you – this is a topic that I’m going to hold on to for some time. In fact I might still be writing about it in a year’s time as “the time in my life when I was truly happy”…

Ready for the grand revelation?
Before Mark and I (and all of our suitcases, bags and boxes) land on top of Mark’s parents, we are going to move into a penthouse apartment!

We haven’t won the lotto. Mark’s parents bought this apartment some time ago and have been busy renovating it – I’m talking heated floorboards, top-of-the-range light dimmers, intelligent cooktops that promise not to burn things and “fart suckers”….we’ll talk about this later.

The thing is that now that the renovations are complete, the apartment has been put up for rent and a tenant has been found. This means that, in total, Mark and I will probably only spend a week there…but I am confident that the views will be enough to fill the rest of 2010 in with blog content.

Now to answer the question that is burning at the tip of your tongue.

Yes. Fart suckers. In the professional home improvement world they go by the name of “odour removal systems” but essentially they are mechanisms that suck odour out of the toilet through a fan and pipe system in the wall. No smell. Ever. And yes, this apartment has them.

I’m not sure who came up with the idea and, to tell you the truth, I’m not even sure how I feel about it, but you have to admit a place is pretty fancy when there is a mechanism specifically designed to cater to your farts.

And that is our future. Pretty exciting, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment