Friday, June 25, 2010

Worst bridesmaid ever!

A few months back, in my parents’ backyard – among blooming rose bushes and other flowers I can’t pronounce quite so easily – my friend Urszula, who I consider to be pretty much my older sister, asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding.

I was understandably thrilled and while the tattoo I got done on my forehead to communicate my euphoria may be a little much, I stand by my decision.

At the time I also silently vowed to be The Best Bridesmaid In The World. A little bit ambitious? Perhaps, but I was going to do it. Unfortunately my life has gotten in the way and instead I may go down in history as The Worst Bridesmaid Who Ever Walked Through A Blooming Garden While Promising To Be The Best Bridesmaid Ever. Or just “that bitch of a bridesmaid”.

I can blame a little bit of this on the knee saga. A little bit more credit goes to “Hell Revealed: Agnes Moves House” and, more recently, the tooth conundrum. Minor credits can also be attributed to full-time work, freelance work, unpaid work and planning a surprise party for Mark.

The other thing is that, in its usual way, technology has given me the finger and Facebook has deleted my carefully-constructed apology messages and “this is the bridesmaid dress I’d like” messages three times. Let’s count together: one, two, THREE times. And, I’ll be honest, I’m not patient.

So Urszula – now that I know you occasionally glance this way – I’m going to make my bridesmaid dress choices nice and public. Blogger, if you let me down here, I might desert you for WordPress, so I’d be very careful if I were you.

Ready?

I quite like the following:

1) BMD0042

2) BMD0056

3) BDM0067

4) BDM0061 


5) BDM0043


6)BDM0070


Then again...this is pretty flattering:


And I can't help but love the unbridled joy on the faces of these bridesmaids. Who knew flared sleeves could be so much fun?

P.S.

I didn’t really get a tattoo on my forehead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment