Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hooray!

This morning Mark momentarily forgot that I am the queen of stuffing my face, and will put away a kilo bag of gummy bears before I dig into three servings of dinner, and asked me how unhealthy bacon and eggs were for breakfast.

Here’s a little hint. Never ask me about healthy eating because my philosophy on food and life is “eat what you want in moderation (still working on that one myself) and exercise”. That’s it. Don’t stuff yourself full of fried crap but don’t deny yourself something just because it has carbs. Food is there to be enjoyed people!

Anyway, understandably my response of “bacon is delicious” probably didn’t fill Mark with confidence, so he looked it up. And guess what? A new study published in the International Journal of Obesity found that you should absolutely stuff yourself full of fat and carbs in the morning because it helps your body to metabolise food throughout the day. Hooray!

You can read all about how scientists laughed in the face of nature and fed bits of pigs to mice, here.

Just make sure to spare a minute to the comments section below the article, just to see how angry one person gets about lab rats. Humans are not rats! Shun the bacon!

I also want you to spare a thought to the International Journal of Obesity, because while I’m sure it does some valuable work, it has a ridiculous name. Personally (and forgive my complete lack of maturity here) I imagine that instead of research papers it prints entries like:

“It’s day three of my new diet and my thighs are still large. Turns out that humans are not rats. I wish I hadn’t eaten the bacon and had replaced it with a great fat source like nuts, seeds or Greek yoghurt…”

Please don’t throw your evil bacon strips at me I can’t control my imagination.

Here’s a cute photo of Muffin to make you forgive me:

0 comments:

Post a Comment