Monday, March 15, 2010

When you know you've taken a joke too far...

Sure, convincing your eight year old friend that "moving" sand dunes operated so quickly that if he didn't stay attached to his mother, he was likely to get completely lost (and then watching him nervously shadow his parents for the following hour) may seem like a cruel prank -- no matter how funny it seemed to my six year old brain.

Freaking my sister out with a hysterical phone call (on April Fools Day) during which I told her that I'd just broken up with my boyfriend after finding out I was pregnant with triplets...sure that may seem like taking the joke too far (I'm sure I would be more repentant if she had actually believed me)...but even I have my limits.

Want to talk about inappropriate? How about telling a terrified, vulnerable nation of people that they're about to undergo a savage Russian attack? Hmmm...yup not my idea of a good joke either.

But that's exactly what one media "spoof" show did. In my opinion this should earn them the "media/propaganda jerk of the year" award.

0 comments:

Post a Comment