Friday, May 14, 2010

Biased

Okay I’ll admit, I’m a little biased, but I think my goddaughter, Léontine, and her brother Archie are among the world’s cutest kids.

And not only because they smile at me with all of their teeth – which for Archie is quite a few, but for Lili is mostly gums. A little bit of it is because Archie calls me “marraine de Léontine” (Léontine’s godmother) because he finds it easier to pronounce than “Agnes”….which I absolutely adore.

A part of it is because Léontine has a suicidal fearlessness which has bounced into effect with her discovery of “up” and “down” and Archie’s bed which she can climb onto and topple off.

Mostly it’s because they are just so damn cute.

Just look at this picture of them at story time, before bed, with Lili waving hello to Iggle Piggle or one of the other In the Night Garden characters and Archie gripping his feet in intense concentration.

Now repeat after me: “World’s cutest kids”.

Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment