Thursday, May 27, 2010

Confused

I’m going to come clean. Yesterday I joined Twitter. It just seems like the sort of thing that someone with a blog should do. So I did. I went online, filled out the form and sent my very first tweet:

I know there are several problems with this -- not the least of which is that if I were a true Twitter-er I would have used “tweet” instead of “Twitter message”…I’m learning. It also isn’t overly original or necessarily true, but hey ho it was written and it was tweeted.

The thing is that now I’m not quite sure what else I should be doing. Should I be putting “@”or “#”symbols into my messages? How should I be interacting? Do people really want to know that this morning I was locked out of my office for 30 minutes and that I spent that time sitting in the hallway devouring a croissant, sipping a latte and trying to look dignified as neighbouring office staff stepped over me? Probably not.

Advice! I need advice….advice would be appreciated…

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I don't have a twitter account, when people mention tweeting I see an image in my head of the Looney Tunes character Tweety bird *tweet* *tweet*

Agnes said...

Ha ha...you see it is true Tamara - great minds think alike.

I have a twitter account and I still just see Tweety...

Post a Comment