Thursday, May 27, 2010

Music to my wardrobe

I’ve realised music has a strong influence over my mood. Like, for example, whenever I listen to Angus and Julia Stone or the Idan Raichel Project I want to run to the nearest clothing store, buy a beret, put it on and stroll the streets. Preferably when it’s raining.

Get a bit of Muse going and I’m energised and reflective – like Yoda on speed, but with a tad more hair. Goldfrapp or Massive Attack give me an immediate hang-over. In a good way.

Today after work I decided to listen to Jonsi for the first time. You see I’m going to the Jonsi concert in August with one of my best buds, Simon, was kind enough to send me a completely legitimate CD (not using an envelope ripped off from his work or anything) so that I could listen to it. Yes. I agreed to go to a concert without having actually listened to the artist, but I am a big fan of Sigur Ros and Simon has particularly good taste, so stop twirling your finger around your head already.

Anyway, the thing is that Jonsi has had a rather weird effect on me. Every cell in my body has suddenly realised that it would like nothing better than to be insanely productive. I mean to the point where I’m actually a bit scared that I might tear apart. My hands are in a frenzy to wash the dishes, my legs are training for a marathon (or at least I think that’s what they’re doing) and my brain? My brain has decided that tonight is the perfect time to sort out my entire wardrobe.

I just hope there are enough songs to guide me through this mess:

1 comments:

Sarah Megginson said...

Hey!! I was thinking that we should all do one of those clothes swap things some time in June, so if you have a pile of stuff you no longer want, keep it to the side! We're all roughly similar sizes and shapes and have similar fashion budgets, so it could be fun?? xo

Post a Comment