Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Delicious and nutritious

Reasons why I love Apple (the technology produced by the multinational corporation, not the fruit**):

  1. The Apple aesthetics and those neat, clean lines make my OCD brain light up sparklers and do naked laps around my head.
  2. I take pleasure from the evident frustration on the faces of technologically-savvy people when I tell them that I love Mac computers.
  3. Because the OS/X operating system is idiot-proof. I bet even a chicken with a severe learning disability and only half a beak could use it.
  4. Apple knows how to accessorise. I respect that in consumer electronics.
  5. You can design and produce books on a Mac. Actual photo books. And I know some of you will be like “there are other companies that offer that service.” All I have to say is: have you tried to use those other companies? Building a brick, swallowing it and then shitting it out would be easier.
  6. The Mac video editing software makes movie making a dream. A dream!
  7. Years after they’ve disappeared off TV I still laugh at the Mac vs PC commercials. The ones with Justin Long*.
  8. Apple bullied Ellen. Yes Ellen DeGeneres. It bullied her into apologising on her show for poking fun at an iPhone. Extreme? Yes. Totalitarian? A little. A completely uncalled-for reaction? Of, course…but damn the power. The all-consuming power!
  9. I’m in awe of the Sydney Apple store. Who doesn’t love that place? Even people who don’t own Apple products love that place. Don’t believe me? A few months ago I met a random architect from the Netherlands who had come all the way to Sydney especially to see its glass facade. It is THAT impressive.
  10. When you google “apple” the Wikipedia page about the corporation tops the page about the fruit.

    *these:



    **which I also love, by the way.

2 comments:

Verity said...

Oh I love those ads too!!

Rubstar said...

I love Apple and everything they do too!

Post a Comment